Undergraduate Student Government | Undocumented Student Guide
page-template-default,page,page-id-18473,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,qode-theme-ver-10.0,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12.1,vc_responsive

Undocumented Student Guide

Welcome to the Undocumented Student Guide!

This guide is meant to serve as a starting point and by no means contains everything out there. We hope that it is useful to continuing students, as well as prospective students. It is as comprehensive as we were able to make it, but you can email seenriqu@usc.edu with more resources you would like added to the guide or concerns about the current guide. Since immigration law is constantly in flux, we will need to continue revisions indefinitely.

Applying to USC

  • Thanks to the Family Education Rights and Privacy act, school officials can not disclose personal information (including immigration status) about students.
  • Country of citizenship: “Other, Non-US”
  • Social Security Number: Leave it blank
  • Please note: you will only be eligible for in state assistance if you are a California resident. Unfortunately, most of the laws and aid do not transfer to students who are not California residents.
  • Furthermore, undocumented students are not eligible for Federal Work Study, but may receive the Dream grants if they are from California.

Applying for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)

Get more information on DACA from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Applying for the Dream Act

Get more information and access the Dream Act application from the California Student Aid Commission website.

Housing Resources